One of the most serious issues among men and women is premature graying hair. However, this is not a problem only restricted to the subcontinent but affects people with dark hair as well right across the globe.
Reasons for greying hair are:
- Using hair products like hair sprays and gels, which contain harsh chemicals. Both men and women, who grey prematurely, are affected by this.
- Lacking a suitable hair care-routine which include an unhealthy diet. A deficiency in Vitamin B12 and foliate is an important attributing factor.
- Hereditary plays a major role. It affects one out of three people with blonde hair.
- Smoking and pollution.
- Stress can be a great contributing factor to greying and can also cause wrinkling as well as early menopause.
- Obviously, aging is another major factor behind this issue but it’s a natural one.
However, don’t feel distressed, there are home treatments for hair to turn your grey hair to natural black again! With these home remedies, using cheap, less harmful and natural methods, you can to do away with premature greying tresses, without using severe coloring and bleaching procedures.
5 Home treatments to color your tresses dark again
Amla – Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry, or generally known as Amla is one of the ingredients used in almost all hair products promising luscious, shiny and healthy hair. Amla can be consumed by drinking Amla juice which will return the hair’s pigment and as an added bonus acts as a skin rejuvenator and is in general excellent for good health.
Another way to use Amla is to boil a number of leaves in coconut oil. Wait until the potion turns black; wait until it’s cooled off and then apply it to your crowning glory 1 – 2 times weekly.
Henna is certainly an “antique” hair coloring procedure and very often used by our mothers and grandmothers. Henna will not just add beautiful color to your tresses but will strengthen it whilst giving it a special glow. A great benefit is that it lasts longer than synthetic hair colors.
Method to use Henna:
Crush henna and mix it with water, making a paste.
- Use gloves to apply it to the hair from the root to the tip. The gloves will protect your hands as otherwise, it will get stained.
- Leave it on the hair until it dries; now shampoo and condition your hair, normally.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly removing all the paste.
- However, the smell will stay a few days, but the result is truly worthwhile.
Black Tea for black hair
Method to use black tea to turn your grey hair into the black:
- Use 4 – 6 black tea sachets, adding two glasses boiling water.
- Leave it for some time to allow the tea to become strong in color.
- Take salt and stir a pinch into this blend; let it cool of and now massage it into your scalp.
- Leave it on for about 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with lucid water.
You can watch this video as well additionally for more easy home tips
Use of Ginger for grey hair
Crushed ginger taken together with 1-teaspoon honey on a daily basis can be used by older men & women as a precautionary action to delay the greying of their hair. This can slow down the greying-process.
Almond Oil for the health of hair
Take one part of almond oil and mix it with one part of Amla and add some drops of lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture to your hair which can prevent the hair against premature greying.
Sage and Rosemary
These two herbs have natural coloring qualities and these are better than artificial colors. Both have the ability to keep your hair black for a longer time.
- Boil a half cup of each of these herbs and wait until the water gets dark.
- Apply the mixture to your tresses and leave it for about 20-25 minutes. Then shampoo and condition afterward.
- The color will be darker if you leave it on for a longer period of time.
- Rinse your hair with lucid water.