These chicken vegetable spring rolls are very easy to make and don’t involve any exotic ingredients. Even without fancy sauces, they’re filled with flavor that you’ll love to enjoy this Ramzan. Here’s a simple and quick recipe to this!
- 1 tbsp oil for deep-frying
- 200 gm skinless chicken breast fillets (chopped into small pea-sized pieces)
- 1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 75 gm beansprouts
- 2 large spring onions (finely sliced lengthways)
- 1 small carrot (julienned)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tbsp light soy sauce
- sea salt and ground white pepper
- 16 ready-made large spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg yolk (beaten)
- Heat a wok until smoking and add oil, then add the chicken and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Season with soy sauce and five-spice powder, then remove from the wok and set aside to cool for ten minutes. Wipe the wok clean with kitchen paper.
- Place the grated ginger, beansprouts, spring onions and carrot into a bowl, then add the chicken with the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sea salt, and ground white pepper. Stir well to make a mixture.
- Lay two spring roll wrappers one on top of the other
- Put two tablespoons of the filling into the center of the wrapper. Brush each corner of the wrapper with the cornflour paste, then bring the two opposite corners on the sides together and, keeping your finger on those edges, bring the bottom corner towards the middle and then roll the pastry up tightly towards the top corner. Tuck the top edge in and seal it with a little of the beaten egg yolk.
- Repeat with the remaining spring roll wrappers and filling.
- Heat the wok over high heat and fill the wok to a quarter of its depth with oil. Carefully lower the spring rolls in small batches into the oil and deep-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden-brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Transfer the spring rolls onto a plate and serve with green mint sauce.