The term ‘Look Forward’ can be defined as waiting for someone’s response or excited about certain things to happen.
The term ‘Looking forward to hearing from you’ is usually written after a formal letter or email that we tend to send to a particular firm, organization, or person. In order to let them know that we are waiting for their response, we usually write ‘Looking forward to hearing from you’ by the end of the formal letter or formal email.
There are several ways in which this term can be used. You can use it in the simple present tense as well. For Example,
I look forward to your reply.
Why people use this term?
There are many pros and cons of using the terms ‘Looking forward to hearing from you’.
- It’s quite friendly when you end up your email or letter with this note.
- Moreover, the person you are addressing to gets to know how excited you are for his feedback or response.
- However, there are many people who though writing this term could sound a little bit canned. Several people have been using this term and so the addressed person will surely ignore it.
- Moreover, the moment you wrote these words, you are automatically moving in an awaiting position so you cannot make any decision without their response.
5 alternatives to ‘Looking forward to hearing from you’
There are many people who are using this term at the end of the official letters or emails. Now a day, people tend towards using some different terms that are not used by anyone else. In this article, I will tell you 5 alternatives to ‘Looking forward to hearing from you’.
- You can call the person you have mailed
- Waiting for your feedback
- Awaiting your immediate response
- A quick response will be appreciated
- Keep me informed about your feedback
So, these were some of the unique alternatives of ‘Looking forward to hearing from you’ that you can easily use in your formal letters and formal emails.