The Pakistan Cricket Board and New Zealand Cricket have agreed to make changes to the New Zealand men’s cricket team’s tour of Pakistan. The tour will now consist of five One Day Internationals (ODIs) and five Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is).
The New Zealand men’s cricket team will play three T20Is in Lahore from April 14-17. They will then move to Rawalpindi to play the final two T20Is and the first ODI from April 20-26. The remaining four ODIs will be played in Karachi from April 30 to May 7, marking the end of the tour.
The upcoming tour by the New Zealand cricket team is an additional tour, and the matches will count towards ICC Team Rankings. The ODIs will aid Pakistan in their preparations for the ACC Asia Cup and ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023. The T20Is will help the PCB in rebuilding their side for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024, which is set to be held in the USA and West Indies in June/July 2024.
Here is the revised schedule for the Pakistan v New Zealand cricket tour:
- April 14: 1st T20I in Lahore
- April 15: 2nd T20I in Lahore
- April 17: 3rd T20I in Lahore
- April 20: 4th T20I in Rawalpindi
- April 24: 5th T20I in Rawalpindi
- April 26: 1st ODI in Rawalpindi
- April 30: 2nd ODI in Karachi
- May 3: 3rd ODI in Karachi
- May 5: 4th ODI in Karachi
- May 7: 5th ODI in Karachi
This is published in logical baat, on 20 March, 2023.